The purpose of this section is to provide information on data sources available to the media. The press material comprises photographic material and press releases. Please also see the frequently asked questions (FAQs) and Ask about money sections.
The Bank of Finland has copyright to the photographs. The entire material may be used freely by the media, as long as sources are mentioned in connection with publication.
For further details, please contact the Bank of Finland’s Communications, tel. +358 9 183 2626, 9.30 am to 3.30 pm.
Press releases (PDF)
- Our mutual debt – Finnish government borrowing 1859–2015 (press release 10/2015)
- Helsinki Stock Exchange: 100 years (press release 4/2013)
- The last markka banknotes (press release 4/2012)
- Three currencies, two centuries, one Bank of Finland (press release 7/2011)
- Vitamin D! The Devaluations of 1957 and 1967 (press release 27/2009)
- Euro - a window to cultural identity (press release 2/2009)
- Gold – The basis of a monetary system (press release 15/2008)
- A century of bank advertising (press release 2/2007)
- Snellman and the Finnish markka (press release 1/2006)
- The Bank of Finland through cartoonists' eyes (press release 34/2005)
- Euro banknote design proposals on view (press release 30/2004)
- The Bank of Finland Museum will open next Tuesday (press release 27/2003)
- Could you succeed as a central banker? (press release 26/2003)
- Bank of Finland to open museum in August (press release 21/2003)